3/25/10

Windows


I don't have the cleanest house on the block. I try to keep up, but certain things, I've just let go...like my windows.

I think it's kind of like vision that goes bad slowly...you don't notice that the leaves have become blurry until you get glasses... and suddenly all of the details are so very detailed.

The few times a year that I actually clean my windows, I'm in awe of the clarity...and promise to keep them clean from that point on. haha.

Today I discovered window markers.



Xan was VERY excited about them.


(an ocean scene. stunning, huh?)

We spent time, just the two of us, drawing. Please don't judge my lack of drawing skills. I've made peace with the fact that all of the creative, artistic skills skipped over me in the family line. Xan and I are on the same level.

Sometimes, he'll ask me to draw. The conversation goes like this...

X: can you draw me a shark?
Me: sure, here it is!
X: no, not an AIRPLANE, a SHARK!
Me: this IS a shark, see?
X: OOHH, it IS a shark?


(David added to the masterpiece as well)

So instead of looking out through a bunch of finger prints, mouth prints, and who knows what else, I get to look through this. And a bonus. You have to clean the windows to get it off!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I think your sharks look beautiful. Much better than what I could do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the markers! the kids will love them I'm sure....IF I decide to go there. =) And your drawings are gorge.

    ReplyDelete