6/10/10

Happy Day!!

Our new dryer was delivered today.  Our old one was kaput.  
A week plus of no laundry, and this is the result...which got me to thinking,
I wonder what the Dugger's laundry pile would look like if they couldn't
do laundry for a week? 


While I was thinking, I pondered our HOA.
Which is usually not a fruitful exercise.
In fact they should be checking in any day to see if our "front yard is still weedy".
How do YOU define weedy?
See I'm already sidetracked...our HOA doesn't allow you to hang your clothes out to dry.
Which I guess isn't the worst thing...considering we live in a townhouse.
I wouldn't really want my neighbor's underwear blowing into our yard.
Yes, our HOA and Verizon are two establishments
that get my heart rate up, and my blood aboilin.
I've learned that I am not mature enough to deal with either.
I let Mark.  He's charming but firm, and very effective. :)

Anyway, the real point of this post is to say,
that I am freshly grateful for the things in my life that make my daily chores so easy.
A dryer is a luxury.  My life is full of luxury.
The Lord has provided abundantly for all of our needs.
I too readily focus on what I wish I had, or on what others have,
instead of on the true abundance that fills my life.
My mom had a quote hanging on the wall growing up...it said...
"contentment is not in the fulfillment of what you want,
but the realization of how much you already have"...
which brings to mind what Dave Harvey said in his message on Sunday...
"if you have not what you desire, you have more than you deserve"...
because of Christ's death and resurrection, those words will always be true.

Hooray for clean clothes!!


3 comments:

  1. yes, and thank God for our townhouses, HOAs and all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post, friend! and i share your lack of maturity when it comes to HOA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they really say your yard was too weedy??

    PAHLEEZE!

    ReplyDelete