8/30/12

David is 10!


i regret that i only got a few pictures of this day
and the few that i have are grainy and blurry
i forgot to check my camera settings before 
i started shooting :(

but, our big boy turned 10 on saturday



for as long as David has been able to comprehend that
he and i share a birthday, he has always made a point to make sure i get acknowledged
here he's pointing at me while we're singing. sweet.
 
his expressions crack me up!

it was a small gathering since the earles were out of town,
but we made the most of it with the schickler cousins


david, our passionate boy
eager for justice and to do right
soft hearted and compassionate
and increasingly silly (maybe it's the age??)
we don't know what we'd do without you

and i'm 35, which feels very old
my age is hitting me differently this year
usually i can hardly remember how i old i am
i'm having lots of "what do i have to show for my life so far" thoughts
and there's been a little soul searching

but overwhelmingly above my feelings of inadequacies and such
i'm grateful for the very rich life i've been given 
here's to much more!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment