2/10/10

Bottom Feeder



So, we call Luca our catfish. Our bottom feeder. He is a master at finding the smallest things on the floor, and eating them. I'll be honest, I'm pretty laid back about it. Legos and other such choking hazards, we're on top of those. Paper, snacks dropped by brothers, napkins, no big deal. Despite my efforts to sweep my floor at least once a day, I'm pretty sure he manages to cobble together a full snack, just by visiting his favorite spots.






Several months ago, I was changing his diaper. I noticed some red in the stool. Yikes. Was it blood?? When I looked closer, I realized that it was FOUR pieces of red cardboard. Well, his systems are working!
A few weeks ago he was eating Cheerios. He was stuffing too many in his mouth, and began to choke. I threw him over my arm and gave his back a good wack. He promptly threw up, not just the Cheerios, but several pieces of cardboard (apparently a favorite) and a label. That's my boy! Who needs a dog when you have a Luca??

1 comment: