2/5/11

mr. mischief

dear mr. mischief,

all in yesterday's mischief you managed to do the following...

throw a fit at Home Depot--my no fail lollipop trick failed--
you threw it, and it broke into more pieces than I thought possible
they must have really wanted us out of there
cause they came running to check us out--in the self checkout line

we were not home long before I heard the dreaded sound
GUUSSHHH--a big basket of legos being dumped on the floor--thousands of pieces
and then the sound of you kicking and throwing them to every corner of the room

you managed to empty every drawer of my sideboard

at some point I noticed red appearing in various places,
and then saw what looked like dried blood all over your hands
I washed them, but couldn't find a cut

it wasn't until daddy came home that shattered glass was found all over our bedroom floor
-you smashed a bunch of my glass votives-

my favorite make-up brush became your paint brush--and toilet water your paint

and just when I thought you were quietly reading books in your brothers room (silly, silly mama)
I found many rolls of toilet paper unraveled in the hallway

which is exactly why today was movie marathon day
yes, you and your brothers got to watch Toy Story 1, 2, and 3--all in a row

but, as I tell you every day--
I love you to little bits and pieces
every time I think I might just lose my mind
 you come running up to me
"oh hi mamas" and let me kiss, kiss, kiss your sweet face
I love you just the way you are, mr. mischief 

love,
mamas



4 comments:

  1. I'm scared! Is that what I'm in for!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh little rascal. sounds vaguely familiar to happenings around our place a few years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting this amy. had a wits-end kind of day with my own mr. mischief and its pretty comforting to know i'm in good company.

    ReplyDelete