5/5/11

the big day

xan's actual birthday coincided with another special day for our family
the Race for Hope, in D.C.
 we were there to celebrate with our dear friends, the Lowes
as Matt courageously battles this awful disease
 
  Xan's full name {Alexander Vincent}, is in honor
of our sweet nephew, Vincent, who passed away from a brain tumor 6 years ago
we were celebrating and remembering his life, as well as that of our little friend Micah, and my childhood friend's dad, Dave as we walked

 it was inspiring and heartbreaking to see the survivors, older, and much too young--
in various stages of the fight



she is so adorable, and ran a good bit of the 5K

the cousins

the yellow balloons in the background are being carried to the front of the race by the survivors, very moving, and I still get teary when I think about the different ones I saw throughout

 my birthday boy

it was an honor to participate-- and a reminder of where our HOPE truly lies

No comments:

Post a Comment