7/28/11

a little reflection

i was at Hopkins yesterday
i had the privilege of being with my friend 
while she waited for her husband to endure another brain surgery
every time i walk into that place, 
it breaks me a little

i had hard time sleeping as faces kept coming to mind
of course i was thinking about matt, in severe pain
of the beautiful family waiting for news on why their wife/mom/sister/aunt
had become unresponsive after seeming to be recovering
of the mom, who i casually asked while in line for coffee if she'd had a long day
she looked at me for a second, like you have no idea, then said yes
a minute later she turned to me and said, "today they told me my son is going to die,
and tomorrow they're going to tell me how he'll die"
and so i prayed for dan last night, probably about my age
and the other faces that came to mind

reminders that paradise cannot be found here on earth are welcome
although not comfortable
 
it's a little (big) community there
and the Lord knew what He was doing 
when He put helen there
a sister in suffering to those she meets
but more importantly, she carries the message of HOPE
"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
your life brings honor to Him, friend

No comments:

Post a Comment