4/14/10

Denial

I occasionally play a game called denial. I played today. I sat down on the couch, hoping for a minute or two of peace. Luca decided to join the fun.
He discovered that the pantry was left open. I thought I had closed it. He grabbed a box of cereal. I figured it was probably unopened.



No? No worries. He can't figure out how to get to the cereal. My moment of peace continues.



I don't think that's really the bag that I'm hearing.



That crunching, crushing sound couldn't be the cereal being ground into the floor, could it? Well, it IS snack time.



Then the brothers enter the scene, "MOM, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!"



Game over. I never win this game! :)


3 comments:

  1. reminds me of the day dad was on the phone and you had a hay-day with the cat food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I'm playing that game right now. Convicted me to get off the computer:)

    BTW, your boys are soooo adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was great, amy! it's encouraging to see your sense of humor in all this. i would have lost it at the pantry!

    ReplyDelete